Friday, June 5, 2009

I hate this sentence

Remember that employment is typically a lagging indicator, so the employment picture will still look bad even after the economy has begun to recover.
The whole concept that employment is a lagging indicator of economic recovery is stupid.

Unemployed folks haven't "recovered" until they have jobs. For them, there is NO recovery until they can pay the rent.

However true this concept may be in an economics class, for real human beings struggling to keep body and soul together, it is an infuriatingly stupid thing to say.

There. I'm glad I got that off my chest.

2 comments:

  1. That's why it's called an 'indicator', dummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I consider name-calling as proof you have no argument, Peter.

    I am happy to post any opposing and reasonable opinions so long as they are framed in courteous language.

    ReplyDelete