Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Only One Is To Blame For Tiller's Murder

This condemnation by Mr. Kirchick of those who claim pro-lifers are complicit in the murder of George Tiller published in The Wall Street Journal is quite good.
I happen to support a legal regime that would, in Bill Clinton's famous words, keep abortion safe, legal and rare. I hold no brief for the religious right, and its views on homosexuality in particular offend (and affect) me personally. But it's precisely because of my identity that I consider comparisons between so-called Christianists (who seek to limit my rights via the ballot box) and Islamic fundamentalists (who seek to limit my rights via decapitation) to be fatuous.
The liberal rush to paint all conservatives with the same brush is as ugly as anyone doing the same to them. Unfortunately, conservatives in the past have been too polite to say so. Although Mr. Kirchick is no conservative or pro-lifer, that he has the guts to stand up for what is right is a very good thing.

There is only one person who is to blame for George Tiller's murder and that's the lone gunman who pulled the trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment